Immigration Guardianship & Custody

Through introductions from immigration attorneys, we assist clients in guardianship and custody proceedings for undocumented minor children seeking Special Immigration Juvenile Status.  In these cases, where a minor has been abandoned, abused or neglected by one or both parents, a key step in seeking Special Immigration Juvenile Status is to have a guardian or custodian appointed for the minor in Family Court.  We assist families with the guardianship or custody process in Family Court and with obtaining from the Family Court a Special Findings Order which is used by the immigration attorney with whom we work to seek Special Immigration Juvenile Status in Immigration Court.  The process includes drafting and filing a guardianship or custody petition and supporting documents, attending court hearings with our client before a Family Court judge, responding to the Family Court’s requests for additional information and assisting our clients with the court’s requirements to grant guardianship or custody.